God's Power is for You!

Ephes. 3:20 (NLT) Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Marquee

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

“Council in the heart of man is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out.” Proverbs 20:5

God knows all things, including the evil that exists without my conscious awareness inside even my ostensibly innocent intentions. Although I might think I do, I rarely understand all of my motives before I act.… Ahh, but my Heavenly Father is continually working on my behalf, even when He forces me to face those inconsistencies that endlessly confuse me. I may be thinking that my thoughts and actions are much purer than they actually are. It is during these uncomfortable stretching sessions that I can catch a glimpse of His unfathomable grace. At my covert worst is when He is at His breathtaking best, intricately arranging circumstances that compel me to accept the reality of my manipulative flesh nature. I have learned from sheer repetition to accept His admonition with a repentant heart and allow Him to burn off any cloud of self-delusion. I humbly accept His mercy, grateful that He is gradually transforming me into a much healthier version of myself. I take heart in the knowledge that God disciplines those whom He loves.

Father, I am so grateful that you love me with absolute, unconditional love. It is encouraging to know, at my deepest level of understanding, that You are my perfect resource for everything I need. It is incredible to me how You actually use my bad thoughts or behaviors as stepping stones to a closer relationship with You. Help me to continually understand the great need I have for Your cleansing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment