God's Power is for You!

Ephes. 3:20 (NLT) Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Marquee

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Amazing, by Toni Smothers

Life was mute – Few rainbows.
And there were only puny, fleeting sunsets.
No time to notice anything,
Too many goals, too busy - Numb to love’s ever-flowing rhythm.
Trees and flowers swayed, giving beauty to each day.
So what?
God’s perfect truth, His essence – Was a distant myth.
My frozen granite heart knew better.
Life was for self, snatching moments, surviving.
The entire world cannot comfort one heart void of hope.
So what?
Busyness is foolishness – More unstable than whirlwinds.
Worse even than plain falsity, wherein dwells the Devil.
Funny - The evil one knew me well enough to swear he'd won me -
With his shiny dime.
So What?
So everything...At least according to the Lord.
The One God, Almighty.
The author of it all - Creator extraordinaire!
He sent his answers well before I asked for them.
Turns out that I'm more precious than I’d ever dreamt -
Jesus told me so.
Why did He care so much that he could not abide my anguish?
Why indeed?
Why had the great God claimed me?
If ever there was a good reason to ask, "Why me?" I know none better.
But claim me he did - His own, from the very first.
Never to be lost again!
Remarkable!
He sweetly healed each grief, searched me, and still He took me to Himself.
A place beyond rainbows, beyond sunsets... and far past shiny dimes.
Thank God!
Thank God for His perfect love, which sweetens all of life.
Its music plays a chorus within all hearts to hear.
Eyes see each sight and sound beam bright with promise.
And Grace and mercy transform all who would come –Yes, even you -
If you will take a chance and simply draw near!
Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment