God's Power is for You!

Ephes. 3:20 (NLT) Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

Marquee

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thoughtful quote:

Philip Yancey (The Power of Writing, Christianity Today – Oct. 24, 1994 issue)
“We may be entering a different kind of Dark Ages, a time when the devil owns the airwaves and when words seem gray and dull compared to the dazzle of virtual reality and multi-media CD-ROM. I have hope, though, because despite the waves of hysteria and authoritarianism in church history, words of truth have survived, emerging later as living forces to change individuals and entire cultures.”

If I can say what’s in my heart in words that translate easily to another, then my heart prevails. My heart is the only part of me with any real value. The rest is superficial at best and absolutely wicked at worst. But the evil one can not touch my heart because it already belongs to Jesus – so from it springs His truth and love: I am just a grateful bystander.

No comments:

Post a Comment